Friday, December 26, 2014

Cool Mom...NOT so Cool Mom...

My children are growing up these days faster then I care to believe. I fear as though I blinked and my precious babies, who completely depended on me and craved my very existence, are growing up!

I am not afraid to admit that I might not be the coolest mom in the world now that my kiddos are not so little anymore. They practically hit the ground running when we arrive somewhere to hang out and be with all of their friends.

I get it…kinda… I was a teen once too. Hanging out with your friends, chatting and catching up are the things to do; I’m not THAT old!

While I might not be the one they want to sit with, I still desperately crave to be in their world. I’m not exactly the kind of parent that has raised them and then just lets go…it’s just NOT MY STYLE!

They are at an age where kissing boo-boo’s and making play dates are not what really matters anymore.

They matter…

Their future matters….

Life matters….

Most importantly…God matters.

I want them to crave Him like no other, seek Him before any other, and Love Him like no other.

I had the opportunity to go with my children to Fields of faith a while back. If you have never been….W.O.W! Every high School and Middle School in the county gather in one stadium for the night. These young students worship, praise God, share drama and testimonies. I stood in true AWE at hundreds of young people in our community placing all else aside and loving God, worshiping our Savior, and standing before Him with their PEERS!

I watched as a band played worship songs and students gathered like sardines lifting their hands and praising God. My eyes filled with tears because MY babies were in the crowd. My kiddos were standing among their peers and praising God with no fear in sight.

I was proud!

I was honored.

Honored to be in their world. Honored and proud that God was showing me this was what it was all about.

I might not always get it right and I might not always be the coolest, but I have raised my kids to love the Lord.  My husband and I will guide them and show them daily that GOD matters, THEY matter. If we fail and get nothing else right in this world, we will guide them to Jesus.

Proverbs 22:6 proclaims:

“Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

The truth of Jesus Christ is a comfort that YES, cool or not, we are raising them to love Jesus and seek Him above all else in their World.

 I cling to my Savior that although I might not be the one my children spend every moment with as they grow up; that they fall in love with the One who will love them with a love I could only dream of giving them.

I long to show them…


They matter….because He matters! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...