Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bowtie Pasta


Tasty Tuesday

OK, I know I have been so stressed and crazy busy the last few weeks and have not posted my Tuesday recipes. Well, today I finally am posting one and it is SO YUMMY. This one I created one night when I was just playing around with some things and it turned out GREAT! It looks plain, but the sauce is AMAZING!

Bowtie Pasta

1/2 cup butter
3 slices bacon
1/4 cup diced white onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese plus extra to top
1/2 box  bowtie noodles
s&p
chicken(any kind...I have added grilled or tore up a rotisserie chicken to use)

Directions

~Saute bacon in 1 Tbl butter to slightly brown. Then add red pepper, onion, and garlic and saute about 4 or 5 more minutes or till tender. Start cooking your bowtie noodles in another pot.
Add the rest of the butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a slight boil over medium heat, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring off and on. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Once noodles are cooked, drain pasta and add pasta to sauce. Stir in Chicken pieces and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. |

~Serve with salad and bread!

If you use the whole box of bowtie noodles then double the sauce recipe.



Photobucket
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Nice,
    I've missed your recipes. Thank you.
    cooking for me is some what therapeutic...looks good...must try.
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...