Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken Enchilada!

Today is my daughter’s 11th birthday, I can’t even believe it. So, this is what we are having for dinner tomorrow night, but I am posting it today for Tasty Tuesday! This is by far my favorite chicken enchilada recipe ever. My friend gave it to me a while ago and I am not even sure I still make it the original way (since I tend to change things as I go). This is how I make now.  I often freeze the leftovers for my husband’s lunch. This is one I need to make WAY more often!
Chicken Enchiladas
4 chicken breast (boiled and cut into small pieces)
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup(low fat)
1 can enchilada sauce mild
1 ½ bags shredded Colby/Jack cheese
10 large tortilla wraps
chicken broth(I use the broth from the boiled chicken)

Directions
Mix cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheese together. Add enough chicken broth till a creamy mixture is made. Add diced cooked chicken in and mix together. Add more broth if needed.
Spread mixture into tortilla wraps and roll each one up and layer into a casserole dish.
In a separate bowl, mix enchilada sauce with cream of chicken and pour over top of all the enchiladas. Cover the top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min.
ENJOY!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Those look delicious!!! I think I might try to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'll have to try soon.
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the recipe made it to the top of the birthday dinner favorites list! It's my fav enchilada recipe by far. Hope your big girl has a big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! I make a similar recipe, but the filling is cream cheese and green chilis..It contains two cans of enchilada sauce because I just love it so much! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...