Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole


I know I am a day late for my Tasty Tuesday recipe, but life has been busy and I am getting over being sick. So, this is one of those meals I really wanted to try because it seemed so easy and I thought my family would love it, but the first few times I made it, it was not a hit. After some tweaking and a few more trial runs, I have finally perfected this meal and now my family loves it!
Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound hamburger meat
1 large bag colby/Jack shredded chez
4 oz light sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag tater tots
1/3 small white onion
Cut up your onion into small pieces. Brown the onion with your hamburger meat and season the meat with pepper. Once browned, stir in sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and 1 cup of your shredded chez. Mix together till creamy. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish to form a thin layer of meat on bottom of casserole dish. Pour the rest of your shredded chez all over meat. Layer frozen tater tots all over the top of the meat. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until tator tots are brown and done.
This really is the best, and my family loves it now that I made it more creamy...
post signature

5 comments:

  1. mmm, yum!! will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally kinda late for this, I tried your strawberry desert and its FANTASTIC! Thank you-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I think you are SO right. By keeping kids on a schedule at a young age, you are teaching them balance and routine, and kids need that so much. Having a flexible schedule also helps kids to learns early that life happens and sometimes things do not always go according to plan, but thats ok too....good post!"

    Thanks for commenting! I had a questions for you about babywise/schedules too. How do you know when naptime should be less? Like should he still be taking two naps and when should we go down to just one?

    Anyways I took a peek at your "testing" blog, and I wanted to tell you that it looks GREAT so far!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this the other night and we both liked it! Thanks so much for these recipes!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...