Monday, March 14, 2011

Storms of Life



God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3,7

This week has been a REALLY hard week.  First our church pianist, who had been recovering from heart surgery and was doing well, took a turn for the worst and passed away. Then we all watched and listened as an unexpected earthquake has devastated so many people in Japan. So many people where simply living their everyday “normal” lives, and in the blink of an eye, everything changed.
American little league is rather big in our community, and the kick off day was Saturday. It was a busy day and our boys were ready to play some baseball. Unfortunately, the opening ceremony was not like it normally is. You see; this week two young soft ball girls were tragically killed in a car accident in our town. An 11 year old little girl and her 17 year old sister.
 The ceremony was so hard for me to sit and listen to. My heart was aching for this family, because I so personally know that no parent should have to bury their own child, and no parent should EVER have to know what I knew they were feeling. There was also a part of  me that knew what they were going through was even greater then what I had gone through, and all  I could do was pray for them.  I have been very emotionally this weekend, and I think it is because Bethany’s birthday is right around the corner and this week all I have heard about is death and how the storms of life are always unexpected.
                Sunday morning at church, our pastor did an amazing job talking about this, and it once again reminded me that GOD IS IN CONTROL! He stated that, ALL storms come without warning. I think back to the storm in my life, and I know that one day your life seems somewhat normal and in the blink of an eye, the storm comes and destroys EVERYTHING in its path. CHRIST is the only way to be prepared because he is the only one who can calm the storm once it has done its damage. Is Christ in your heart? Are you prepared to turn to the only one who can calm the storm? The question is not if you go through a storm, it’s WHEN you go through a storm!
Photobucket
post signature

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written. My heart goes out to the family who lost 2 of their daughters and all those in Japan... you're so right - a storm really does come without warning xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...