Thursday, October 20, 2011

Motherhood's Mess!



Ok, I LOVE the picture above. Thank you SO much to my friend Selena who posted it on Face book.  I think I love it so much because it says what so many mothers feel, but are TERRIFIED to say out loud.
We love our children. We would die for our children, and way too often have mommy guilt over every decision we make.
We clothe and feed our children. We educate our children. We pour countless hours into mending every hurt and tear.  We run our children from one practice to another so they can grow , succeed and be the best at what God has called them to be....and we do ALL of this not because we have to, but because being a mother is the greatest gift God could ever allow a women to be.
And yet, we still feel like it is not enough. WE still feel like we fail SO many days. We are tired and exhausted and SO many times just feel like we need to breath.....
Children are not perfect, they are children. They cry, fight, yell....and pee everywhere! And in comes mom to the rescue. Mom breaks up the fight, wipes the tears and cleans up the pee; over and over and over again.
Who rescues mom? I promise there have been way too many days where I have looked like the crazy lady. The days where I love that my children are there, but if they ask me one more question I think I might run out of the house screaming.....and then I really will be the crazy lady!
Those are the moments and days I remind myself that God is the only doctor who can cure me of my motherhood woes. These days are inevitable; I have children! I walk outside, and often dare my children to follow, and spend five minutes alone with God.
I am never going to be the fairytale mother I imagine myself to be. My children are never going to be  angels, but God has given me one little gift the most mothers don't have.
When I look around at all the chaos, I will always know that there should be one more causing a mess. Two  more sweet little feet running around giving me a headache. It will always feel like my "mess" is never really messy enough.
I guess it is that precious little gift that keeps reminding me that I would not trade the craziness that surrounds me daily for anything in this whole world.
Bring it on MOTHERHOOD!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Well said Amy. Motherhood is a most wonderful minsitry in itself. But its tough!! I'm so stealing that pic for my own facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This post is SO dang true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a terrific blog post! You said it best for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to know there are others who feel the same way I do.

    I felt so terrible when I closed my sewing business, but I couldn't keep up with it anymore. I guess we all just have to do the best we can and leave the rest to God :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful words and a lovely tribute to your little angel!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so true... the chaos of kid/s is great but truly tiring - in a nice kind of way xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...