Thursday, November 17, 2011

Liquid MAGIC!

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some
peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game...."


The batter is up and ready to go.  He slowly circles the bat through the air as his eye is locked in on the pitcher. Determination and perseverance hold strong as the first two strikes are thrown. The batter grinds his foot into the dirt and slowly leans forward as he sees the third ball coming his way. Adrenaline rushes through his entire body all the way through the tip of the bat.

"POW"

The bat falls to the ground and the batter is off rounding first and off towards second. Sweat dripping from his chin, the runner thinks fast as he looks up and sees the ball in thin air making its way to the glove of the second baseman.  The runner hears, "Down, down!" He quickly slides his leg out from under him and tags the base just in the nick of time.

He jumps up to takes his position while he attempts to  brush the red clay from his pants; his light gray pants that is.

I sit back and watch player after player slide in and out of base, collecting red clay as if it were candy. It has always boggled my mind that boys who played sports always seemed to have light colored pants and they played in red clay; I'm I missing something?!?!?

For so long I have felt like a bad mom. I have never been able to get my sons light gray baseball pants clean. I complain to my husband all the time and tell him that whoever designed base ball pants must not be the person doing the laundry at home! I soak, I scrub, I soak, I scrub, I soak, I SCREAM....then I soak, and they still have stains.......I'm going crazy; till now!

I found the secret....and it's a good one!

PURPLE POWER GREASE REMOVER....yes, I know it is for your tires, and NO I'm really not crazy. ADD this to your laundry room!

DO not soak. Wet the pants, spray on the red clay spots, get a good scrub brush, and scrub. Do this all over the pants. Rinse and throw in the wash...OH MY, I think it even got out dried in red clay stains...it is that good! My sons pants have not looked this good ALL year! This stuff is MAGIC!!!

As I was cleaning the pants and watching the stains fade away, literally like magic, I went running it our room with a huge smile on my face. I tried to explain my joy of this phenomenon to my husband, and well, he just laughed that I was this excited about getting red clay out of some pants! :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awesome...I love to add non traditional cleaners to odd everyday cleanups! Thanks for the tip.
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...